Monday, November 29, 2010

Our science experiment.. with Mom's Coffee!

Trying to be frugal, I purchased the sale coffee, Folgers French Roast. I made a cup this morning and yuk........there is this weird taste to it. So left a full cup on the counter and got Ashley on the bus and continued on with my morning. Next comes Ryan. doing our morning routine.. I went to move the coffee cup from he counter and told Ryan ..man.. Mommy had the worst cup of coffee ..something is wrong with that coffee..then I go to thinking maybe it is my coffee maker that I have not cleaned in FOREVER!!.. . so I decided to get the decaf 365 Wholefoods coffee out and try a little experiment. Told Ryan the situation and said lets do a science experiment since you want to be a brain scientist. ( told us that the other day).

So, I set both types of coffee in front of Ryan and explained the situation. I made a cup with Folgers and it was bad but I have this 365 coffee never said decaf by the way ... so how should we do this experiment. he spelled: SEE EITHER DECAF IS GOOD.( yep read "decaf" off the bag)
So I said.. if so then what? He spells: WE THINK SOMETHING IS WRONG DECIDE FOLGER TASTE BAD

Yep.. he clearly understood what I was going to test.. So I made him do the measuring the water, turn it on. Next we talked about a hypothesis.... maybe it could be the coffee is bad or the water, or coffeemaker.. I said give a educated guess... he spelled WATER...... I said the dirty coffeemaker..!!!!!!

Well I tasted the coffee..he ran thinking I was going to make him taste it.. then I said......Ryan ...the coffee tastes great.. So I said what was the problem.....

he spells FOLGERS IS PROBLEM..

My smart scienctist!!

1 comment:

  1. Hilarious! This Starbucks girl says that you have 2 problems - #1 - Folgers and #2 - Decaf! :)

    I love reading about your life, Teresa (and family)! Such an inspiration on so many levels!

    Bless you,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete