Friday, February 12, 2010

Stealing at church!

It was about 8:30pm and I said.. Hey Ryan lets all sit down and talk before we go to bed.. Ash and Dad too!.. so I asked Ryan on his board.. what would you like to talk about tonight. He spelled C-H-U-R-C-H. Ryan had left the table and was walking around in the area while we were finishing dinner earlier and Paul and Ashley and I had been talking about about hearing from. God.. So, I think he felt like chiming in.


I said..OK... church is....... and he spells S-O-R-T- O-F ..then big pause. .. like couldn't think of word.. So I said are we talking about all churches or our church.... If its our church lets spell out the name...he easily spells H-O-P-E. On we go... Hope is sort of S-T-A-L-L. oh do you mean stale like boring.. and he started to get upset and hit N-O.. oh.....how about we take a break for a second could see he wanted to leave.... he left the table and Paul said. I guarantee he was trying to say steal ... will explain in a second... so we all went up stairs and Ryan was sitting in our bed and I said... hey Ryan... I think I understand... were you trying to spell steal or stealing and I said it is spelled STEALING... so ..if you were could we try again.. tell me what your thoughts are maybe if something is wrong .. you know mommy I will fix it at church .. and here we go.........I said church is sort of............... and he easily writes S-T-E-A-L-I-N-G M-Y T-O-Y-S. Paul had hit it on the head!

See I work in the room and have brought in two of his therapy balls , his bean table and many other toys. I always say..oh here are your toys Ryan. When we go to church each week I bring his own toys for him to play with.. well kids take them and many of the kids like his toys , don't have many so I let them take them home.. and buy Ryan more..........thinking Ryan didn't mind...........................UHHH I had no Idea! I understand why he used the words "sort of"............I would have never known.............it bothered him

No comments:

Post a Comment