Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Ashley Harris/ story about my brother Ryan!

Hi! I'm Ashley(Ryan's sister) I wanted to do a quick post on some memories at H.A.L.O. One time we went to Austin, TX to see Soma and do a session with her for Ryan. At this point Ryan was fairly new to RPM and this was his first attempt at the blue letterboard. He had been working with Soma for 4 days and we got to sit and watch him work every day. We did not even know he could spell or do math before coming that week. He kept on working with Soma for those 4 days, and each time we found out more and more about how smart and amazing he really is.

I remember on the last day of camp when Soma asked him to spell one word that described Me, Mom, and Dad, and even himself. I was really nervous and excited. I had no idea what he would say. Soma in her soft voice said "You can do it Ryan, focus, and tell me one thing about your sister." He spelled out the word G-O-O-D. Good. I couldn't believe it! My heart was beating really fast.... I wanted to hear his next word. Next, she said to spell one word about Dad. Ryan spelled S-M-A-R-T. Smart. She then moved on to Mom. Ryan spelled L-O-V-E. We were all holding back tears. Mom was not doing so well at that! But, what you don't know is that only Ryan would have chosen those specific words, because those are words we use in our family all the time and he knew just what to say for that question.Mom says to me" Your such a good big sister" and we always say " Dad is so smart he should go on Jeopardy" and Mom always says " I love you, I love you, I love you!" to Ryan. Finally, Soma asked him to spell a word that described himself. This was our favorite! Ryan spelled C-O-O-L. Cool!!!!!!! Dad, since Ryan was little, would say to him" Your such a cool dude!" and " You are Mr. Cool". Soma would have never guessed these words because they are special to our family. And Ryan knew every one. We got into our minivan, I just couldn't stop crying! I looked at Ryan and said "Mom, look! Look how happy he looks after telling us that! He had an ear to ear grin on his face. This was one of the most important and special days of our life.

No comments:

Post a Comment