Saturday, July 17, 2010

Spelling a question and describing the car!

Ashley always says.. your funny Mom you spell everything now.......... Well, I was talking to Paul and Ryan and started spelling.. a word...... and thought. Ryan are you even paying attention to me..... So I spelled the following sentence to him NOT saying the words.. spelling the words.. Letter by letter I spelled this:

F-L-O-W-E-R- O-N- T-A-B-L-E- -I-S-W-H-A-T-C-O-L-O-R?

Ryan spells on board YELLOW....................He is correct! He is listening to me spelling multiple words comprehending the words the question and then answering!!

So blown away.... I was thinking. About sentences and I said.you know what Ryan I think you need to write higher level sentences like people do in college.. how about that!!!! So, I explained when I was in college my teachers wanted us to use more description when writing . using adjectives for example. Explained what an adjective was then took his plastic toy cat he was holding and said, I could create a sentence about this cat like this: THIS IS A CAT or I could use adjectives and describe the cat this way: THIS IS A GRAY CAT WITH WHITE STRIPES AND DARK SLANTED EYES.

So next I grabbed a toy car out of toy basket and said Ryan make a sentences describing this car. This is the awesome sentence he wrote.. the car had all those colors on it....


................. THIS IS A PURPLE WHITE GREEN TOY CAR.

Wow............. I am so impressed and all this took place this morning sitting on the floor in the morning room by the cool air duct..........his favorite place:) Today is a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment