Sunday, March 21, 2010

Yes we can keep it between us....

One of the special times in a Mom's life is when you have those very private conversations. When they ask you not to share their deepest personal thoughts.This was one of those things that I thought after seeing the silencing effect of Autism on my Ryan... that I would never ever experience. We would never be able to share that special bond. Well, I am here to tell you........I was wrong.

Today March 21st, 2010 Ryan shared with me sitting on the floor next to the sliding glass door his feelings and I asked if I could share this with Dad and Ashley because Ashley minutes earlier she just asked what we were talking about.. and he said:
I DO NOT WANT THAT TO HAPPEN
THEY MAY ACCIDENTLY TELL _____________. (spelled it wrong but I knew)

So, it is personal and private ..only between me and Ryan.

Again.......I have to tell you Mom's and Dad's, ...... I think about that day three years ago when I decided to try yet again another approach RPM. When at that moment I was crying afraid not to try yet exhausted to start something new... I honestly feel sick to my stomach.... what if I had given up on trying and thought this was it. His life would consist of making food choices and limited to that I want strip........ and a tech device. What would his life be like.. Don't give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment