Sunday, March 21, 2010

Ryan wants to be like Andrew!

Friday March 20, 2010

Went to Willies with my dear friend Jen and her four children. Ryan had his letter board. We ate and played in the arcade area that night. Andrew one of her children asked Ryan .. hey do you want to come play a video game forgot the name of the game he said.. .. Ryan to my surprise said YES on his board.

See before.. I would have answered for him and said oh..Ryan doesn't play video games..He is into TV and swinging and swimming. I was surprised he wanted to go. He and the other kids and his sister went over there.. our table was right in front so I watched him the entire time.

Next conversation was Andrew telling Ryan he is running track and I said we are going to have to come and check you out. The kids loved the letter board and Ryan being able to talk to them.. Andrew really wanted to hold the board and just talk to Ryan so I let him and Ryan focused and spelled out answers to his question while prompting his focus to attend... very noisy and many distraction at Willies..WOW.... he did great at pointing! What a fun time .. Ryan was very happy and me too.

That night we get in the parking lot and I said is there anything you want to say to Ms. Jen, and he spells to her: THANK YOU FOR LIKING MY MOM. yep... he was thanking her for being my friend and liking me.........

Next morning we woke up and Ryan said the following:
when I asked what do you want to do today:
I DO NOT WANT TO SIT AROUND ALL DAY.. I said OK.. lets make a schedule of three things you want to do today he spells STORE and I said get what SPRITE
PARK
RUN TRACK

I said Wow Ryan that is so cool.. I didn't know you want to run track do you know what that looks like or what it consists of and he spells :PRACTICE yep lots of that .. hey that is just like Andrew .. he runs track.. and he said YES.

Do you think he was listening to Andrew. Do you think our kids want to feel like they belong and do what other kids do ... you bet they do!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment