Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Sad when you own child knows BETTER then you do!

Was about 9:30pm.... Ryan was not tired seemed to have gotten a second wind. He was upstairs with us, then went down in the basement. Paul and I were talking...well more like bickering . yes... loudly. Of course, what we were having our disagreement about was of course...........so stupid... which makes this situation even worse.......

Ryan came back upstairs and we were sitting in the morning room bantering back and forth.......... Ryan walks up to Paul and puts his arms around his neck, as he is sitting on the computer chair and starts making intense loud sounds ...like he is trying to talk to us.. So Paul said... Ryan I know you are trying to talk to us.. . Mom and Dad will be quiet... were sorry ... and I said.. here ..tell us what do you want to say... go ahead you just tell us..( trying to convey with my words a sense of courage in him to say what he really thinks).... and here we go:

MOM DAD STOP FIGHTING.

Well.. that about sums it up........doesn't it................yes my son who has Autism is teaching us how to behave!!! We apologized to each other in front of Ryan.. We hugged each other ..big group hug, me, Dad and Ryan and said.. your right Ryan..

I am only sharing to let those who read this blog know..........our kids are in there and they see and they understand ... And this is why I am spending time writing this blog which is not something I love doing. I do it for one reason....... we would have never known Ryan's thought or feelings or emotions if it was not for RPM. Ryan has a VOICE!!!!! Ryan and our entire families life has changed ..go to HALO...

No comments:

Post a Comment