Thursday, October 7, 2010

Visit with the new speech therapist!

I have not had to start up with a new speech therapist in a long while.. This situation was perfect for RPM... because we sat at a table. THIS IS WHAT WAS SO COOL................Everything had changed.. Before I would speak for Ryan.. I would say what he was interested in and what he wanted to accomplish at the sessions.. I spoke for him always...............This time Ryan had his voice........he told her ......

Please HELP ME SPEAK. I DON'T LIKE COMPUTER. LIKE TV I LIKE MOVIES I THINK SOME GAMES ARE .. NOT FOR RYAN .

He sat there answering her interview questions via his letter board. ..... that was awesome!!!!

He kept gently touching under the therapist chin.......well before rpm I would have said. NO hands down.. thinking it was a quirky behavior.. However, he told me several months back that he does that to say I like you will you and will you be my friend..................think about that...........how loving is that .. and I was grabbing his hand. and feeling somewhat embarrassed about the action..

God is good......is what comes to mind.. I am so grateful to have my son's voice.. we get each other now.

No comments:

Post a Comment