Tuesday, November 10, 2015

My very auditory son .. Ryan!

 So this week  I notices just how auditory my son is.. Funny, I know this and speak about this issue to   many folks at our meetings, but these situations happened one after the other... so. I guess I needed reminding:)

Day one:
He was in speech and  we were playing a new game where he had to read a sentence on a card if he wanted to get further clues in the game.. and I pointed to the sentence and he said ..." I  AM NOT READING... I WANT TO HEAR.

Day Two
He was in Physical therapy and he was rolling a basketball up the wall with two hands over his head and back down the wall keeping pressure on the ball the entire time...so get this not one time did he look at his hands... not on time did he look at the ball.. not one time did  his face look  toward the wall...his head was turned towards his therapist and he was listening to her words glancing at her mouth ( she was speaking to him..encouraging him to take the ball up high above his head and then back down and counting down the number of reps left). It really made me think at that moment my gosh.....he acts like he is blind.....

Day Three:  Ryan was letter boarding in front of a stranger and the guy turned to me and said.. he isn't even looking at his board!... and I said.. yeah.. he has it memorized like we do when we type... but again.. his eyes ... the no looking thing and the thought came back to me.. he acts like he is blind.

So in the past Ryan said I cant think and hear and look and move body at the same time....So.. why could we get him to see the letterboard.. some of you might wonder....well it was thanks to the sensory understanding and neuroscience of rpm ... Soma started out teaching him...as if he was blind taping choice the sound of tearing paper.. no visual pictures just auditory description...uh... Brilliant!!!!

 Just asked him as I was writing this about his thought on the subject and he NOT wanting to letter board  he told me he wants to eat...LOL...gave me this brief incomplete statement when asked.. tell folks what the deal is with your eyes  and what's up with your ears.. he says.. ,, RYANS MIND FEELS HEARING...  that is kinda interesting comment??

He came back in the room.. and  to my surprise wanted to letter and said the following.. he said BEAWARE HINT LIKE LISTENING! YOUR MIND IS NICE MOM HINT I  LIKE HELPING...

So hope we helped you understand a little better .. many kids are using one sense more then the other so make sure you are speaking to them too and this is.from a Mom by the way whose open learning channel is auditory! ( if you want to know which sense you seem to favor.. ask yourself this questions.. when getting directions to a local place in town.. what does that look like... for me I don't need someone to write down the direction.. that is kinda annoying to me ..I will say this...statement...no don't worry about writing it done ..just TELL me how to get there.. ok..and again.I repeat it back  to hear my own self say it.. I'm and auditory  MOM!


No comments:

Post a Comment